God's Free Word Book Store

Thursday, January 22, 2015

High Expectations!

High Expectations!

What spiritual expectations do I have in my life? What expectations do I have for my brothers? What expectations do I have for our church?

Without high expectations you will always hit your mark and there will be no growth. Jesus had high expectations for his disciples. Jesus said that you will do greater things for God than He did. Jesus had high expectations for the disciples and has not lowered them for us.

As men we need to have high expectations and standards for each other. We need to have high expectations and standards in purity, one another relationships, unity, integrity...etc.

As brothers we need to challenge each other. We need to disciple each other. God has high expectations for us because he loves us and we need to have expectations for ourselves and the people around us out of love!

Above all we need to have high expectations and standards for being committed to Gods word!

Jeremiah 20:1-6; 7-12

Jeremiah was not happy about preach the words of God that were full of destruction and doom. He was beaten and smitten by everyone around him for confronting Israel in sin. Holding the people of Israel accountable and to the standards of Gods people was not an easy task. He did even though it was uncomfortable and not something he liked.

Even though Jeremiah did not like the message he was asked to give, he could not keep it in. It burned like a fire inside of him! Only Gods word has this affect. To be like Jeremiah I need to not hold back the words that God puts on my heart. I cannot hold back the convictions that God has given me.

If Gods word is not written on my heart the worlds desires will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment