God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wants vs Needs

Wants vs Needs

Many people came to Jesus for physical healing and Jesus did not heal everyone. Jesus is more concerned for spiritual healing. We can't always get what we want but God will give us what we need!

Have it your way is the philosophy of the world.

Jesus does not specialize in giving us what we want but in what we need!

John 6:1-15

Jesus gave them free food which is what they wanted...free food! The crowd gores and they meet him on the other side of the lake. Jesus is about to give the crowd what they need.

John 6:25-27

Why am I following Jesus? What need am I trying to meet. Is it what I want or what I need? Jesus addresses what the crowd wants and how it is opposed to what God wants from them.

John 6:28-40

Jesus is not worried about anything but eternity. Vs. 31 the crowd tries to quote scripture to justify what they want.

What am I waiting for? Has Jesus not blessed me enough already? Has he performed enough miracles in my life already?

John 6:41-66

When god says no he is not going to give us what we want, how do we respond? Do I grumble and complain about what I don't get or do I focus on what I need that God is trying to give me?

The problem is that I don't like being told no and I am not content with what God has given me!

Is God enough in my life? The answer to this question determines how grateful I am for my relationship with God.

We need to stop focusing on finances, relationships, material things....etc Trust that God will take care of all of these things on His time.

John 6:67-69

Jesus is the only way! Is this my attitude? Do I believe this wholeheartedly?

No comments:

Post a Comment