God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Train!

Train!

1 Timothy 4:7-8 The idea of being trained and training your self is a huge part of our lives and culture. We train for school, work, athletics, personal fitness, competition...etc. We train out body's but what about our hearts, what about our minds, and what about our spirituality? Godly training should be of more value than any other!

Who is your trainer? Why, because you need one!

Luke 6:40 I need to understand my role and the student. I need to allow as many people in my life that are willing to teach and train me.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

What am I prepared to do? It takes action on my part. How hard I train an how willing I am to be trained is up to me!

1 Timothy 4:7 -- gymnazo in the Greek -- to exercise vigorously, in any way either the body or the mind! How has the last year for you spiritually? If you are training vigorously for the lord then there should be growth!

1 Corinthians 9:25 -- egkrateuomai -- to exhibit self-government, conduct, one's self temper Eagles in a figure drawn from athletes, who in preparing themselves for the games abstained from unwholesome food, wine and sexual a indulgence.

Am I training my self to abstain from everything that is keeping me from being the follower of Christ that God wants me to be?

I need to follow my trainer's direction. When you sign up with a personal trainer you don't start telling the trainer how you would like to be trained! I need to humble my self and surrender to the trainers instructions.

Hebrews 12:10-12 -- "Later on however..." W don't know how long that will be but God says that if we accept Gods discipline then it will produce a harvest of righteousness and peace!

In every chapter of the bible there is Faith, Hope, and Love! In our lives when God turns the chapter in our lives no matter what happens there is always "Faith, Hope, and Love"!




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment