God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, February 28, 2016

True Marriage

True Marriage

Marriage in the world today is a complete disaster! 78% of marriages in Southern California end in divorce! Nationally the divorce rate is also staggering! In our church the trend is increasing every year towards divorce. Divorce is becoming an epidemic
In our churches.

A Godly marriage is not about a perfect marriage. With only God can we have the marriage that God intended. God only said one time in the bible that things were not "good" and that was in Genesis when God said it is not "good" for man to be alone!

Matthew 7:13-14 To have the marriage that God intended you have to take the road less traveled. Am I willing to take the hard road that leads to paradise or do I want to take it easy and end up in destruction?!

Put first things first. Mark 12:28-31 My relationship with God is the single most important thing in my marriage. First love God and then I can love my wife! My power has to come from God. I have to take personal responsibility for where my marriage is at.

Genesis 3:1-7 from the very beginning even with being able to walk with God man was deceived. From the beginning Man looked for someone to blame! I have to take responsibility for my life. Vs.s 16 God basically says you get what you ate for. My choices are my choices and I need to take responsibility for my own actions and reactions.

Jesus went through the same temptations as Adam and Eve in the desert but yet he fought back with Gods word! The 4 "D's" of the devil...Deceive, distract, divide, and destroy!

1 John 1:5-10 walking in darkness is not acknowledging the truth. The truth about who I am and about where my marriage is at. I have to chose to live by the truth. To walk in the light. To be real about where you are.

Three keys:

1.) get open.
2.) stop blaming everyone else for your choices.
3.) No one can help you and unless your real and open.

Questions to ask your spouse: How can we take the road less traveled? What do we need to do to strengthen our marriage? How can we build our marriage more around God? What do we need to bring into the light?




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment