God's Free Word Book Store

Monday, January 25, 2016

Come GROW with Us

Come GROW with Us

Joseph had a real relationship with a real God
  • Genesis 39:1-20. 
  • When temptation came, he's in a land where no one else knew God, nor worshiped Him, he Knew God was real. He spent time with Him not only when he needed God but also when he didn't. 
  • He knew it pleased the Lord to love Him and worship Him. 
  • We need to live our lives with God being real! Make the Lord known in the way you live your life and you'll talk about Him to others. 

Joseph was happy in the hands of that real God
  • Joseph is grateful for all the blessings. When temptation came around, he mentioned all he was grateful for. 
  • Pride can kill gratitude; it's easy to see all the thing you've done and therefore "deserve". But we don't see that from Joseph. Gratitude is the opposite. Joseph didn't blame the Lord for his misfortune. 
  • Perspective makes it hard to trust the outcome. When we are enslaved, in jail, or hardships, it's difficult to trust and be happy with The Lord's purpose. Later he was able to see the bigger picture and why the Lord allowed him to go through hardships. 
  • Joseph didn't need to know the promise but The Promiser. Trust God's plan when He calls us to go through hard times, when he asks more of me than I'm prepared to give. 
  • CAN WE TRUST GOD'S PLAN WHEN HE TAKES US PLACES WE DON'T WANT TO BE? 
  • God's ultimate plan has nothing to do with this life. It's all in HEAVEN! 
  • I might say: "God why do you think so much of me that you've put me through this?" You know the Lord has overcome, has fought for me and when this story ends, cans I envision myself in Heaven. Heaven is His ultimate plan! 
  • "Come what may Lord." Anyone can have this faith and trust in the Lord. 
  • If I can't live happy in God's hands, with no matter what comes, then I'VE GOTTA KNOW GOD BETTER!
  • His long term plan is for us to make it to Heaven! 



No comments:

Post a Comment