God's Free Word Book Store

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Spiritual Biography

In Deuteronomy 26, Moses is giving his final instructions to the Israelites and he commands every family to do something to remember who they are and where they came from.

 
Deuteronomy 26:2-11 Then go to the place the Lord your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name and say to the priest in office at the time, "I declare today to the Lord your God that I have come to the land the Lord swore to our ancestors to give us." The priest shall take the basket from your hands and set it down in front of the altar of the Lord your God. Then you shall declare before the Lord your God: "My father was a wandering Aramean, and he went down into Egypt with a few people and lived there and became a great nation, powerful and numerous. But the Egyptians mistreated us and made us suffer, subjecting us to harsh labor. Then we cried out to the Lord, the God of our ancestors, and the Lord heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression. So the Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, with great terror and with signs and wonders.He brought us to this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey; 10 and now I bring the first fruits of the soil that you, Lord, have given me." Place the basket before the Lord your God and bow down before him. 11 Then you and the Levites and the foreigners residing among you shall rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given to you and your household.


It is important that we too remember the great things God has done for us and the blessings that we have in a relationship with Him. We need to constantly remind our selves of who we were before God and how far we have come with God. God has rescued each of us from the world and blessed us so much! Take a moment and write your own spiritual Biography and document the things that God has done in your life!

 

CUT AND PASTE THIS STATEMENT IN A WORD DOCUMENT AND FILL IN THE BLANKS TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL BIOGRAPHY:

I was wandering in life doing what I thought as best.  I did not live for God and found myself a slave to these sins____________.  Sin held me captive and Satan treated me harshly.  These consequences were everywhere__________, and I was hopeless.  Finally, I cried out to the Lord and He heard me.  He saw how lost and hopeless I was and He rescued me with His mighty arm.  He performed these awesome miracles to save me___________.  He brought me to His Church, a family filled with these blessings________.  And now I bring to God the first fruits of the life He himself gave me, and serve Him and His Church in these ways _________.  And my family rejoices before God with His Church for all of the good things the Lord has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment