God's Free Word Book Store

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Storm Chasers part 3

Storm Chasers part 3

Peter was blessed by storms. Literally, without storms our earth would not be inhabitable. Storms are necessary to remove pollution, regulate temptation...etc. without storms we would not be able to live on this planet. Lightning strikes and provides nitrogen to the soil. Storms are scary and create a lot of damage but without them we could not survive!

Matthew 14:22-33

Peter was originally Simon Barjonah which literally was "son of Jonah". Not sure if he was a descendant of Jonah but pretty cool to see him now involved in a storm as well. Jesus renamed him Peter which means "rock". Jesus did not just give him a new name but gave him a new identity.

Storms are needed in our lives too and God knows this. Jesus sent them into the boat and onto the lake and Jesus put them in that situation for a reason. Like wise God will put us in storms to give us an opportunity to have faith, trust and obedience!

Faith is built not by rest but by stress! We grow the most through the storms in our lives!

James 1:2-4

How can I be joyful through the middle of a storm? I can be joyful when I realize that God is using it to make me stronger and help me grow!

1 Peter 1:3-9

We need storms to build my faith. My faith needs to be continually challenged in order for me to grow spiritually. I can't run from the storms, I need to embrace them! Peter sank because he took his eyes off Jesus! Peter had enough faith to get out of the boat.
The faith I have today is good enough for today but not good enough for tomorrow! Our faith needs to be constantly challenged!

Jesus conquers storms!

Hebrews 12:1-3

Jesus initiates our faith with a storm in our lives and then he also perfects our faith. Men and women of Faith who embrace Gods word and the storms in their lives are able to be victorious! When we fix our eyes on Jesus we are able to see the storm for what it is! Keeping our perspective on Jesus is the key.

1 Peter 1:3-9

Jesus is the only way to get through a storm. Fall on your knees, accept Jesus as your savior! It is a blessing to be in a storm! With my eyes fixed on Jesus I will always conquer the storms in my life!








Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment