God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Being Led by the Spirit!

Being Led by the Spirit!

Romans 8:9-16 The spirit of God, Spirit of Christ, Spirit of Him who raised him from the dead. The world spirit is used several ways in this passage but they all mean the same thing. If you know the father and know God then you know the spirit. It's important to see how all three deities interact and are interchangeable.

The spirit is described in the context of families: children and fathers, brothers and sisters. Being lead by the spirit is being lead to Gods family. We were lead to God as our father. I need to continue to be lead to God in every area of my life. Everything should in my life should point to God, Jesus and the holy to spirit.

I did not receive a spirit that makes me a slave or gives way to fear. I was not given a spirit of timidity or weakness but of power and strength! God has chosen me with all of my mistakes and all of my weaknesses!

The spirit testifies that I am Gods son and a child of God! The spirit sets us free to cry out and call on our father!

Romans 12:3-10 The spirit leads us to a body of brothers and a body of believers. The spirit is trying to lead me to devote my self to brotherly love. In order to be led by the spirit I have to have sober judgment and not to think of myself above others.

The spirit brings us together and as a whole we portray the image of God! The Holy Spirit is not leading me to do anything that is contrary to Gods word. We can follow the spirit and test the spirit by Gods word.

How do you know if you are being lead by the spirit? Romans 8:12-14 says "Therefore". Therefore, what? If your lead by the spirit you are a sin killer. You are a killer of the flesh! The spirit will never lead you to the flesh. As a man we have a killer instinct and we need to use it to kill the flesh. To put to death the sin in our lives!

Today what sin is alive in my life? What sin is thriving, vibrant and robust in my life? KILL IT! We do it with the sword. The word of God! You want to fight? You want to be a man? Then be led by the spirit and put to death the sin in your life!




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment