God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Presenting Everyone Mature in Christ

Presenting Everyone Mature in Christ

Who needs discipling the most. Who need maturity in Christ? Ephesians 4:11-15 Everyone needs to grow. We all need someone in our lives to challenge us and to call us higher. If I really believed this then I would be laying my self bare and calling on my brothers to help me!

Discipling is not meant to be just relative to problems in our lives. I should be seeking discipling from my brothers to be proactive. All proactive and all reactive is dangerous. Being a disciple means that we seek discipling daily and in all situations.

Reactive discipling only happens after sin. Proactive discipling helps prevent sin and creates spiritual growth. All sins can be forgiven but not all consequences can be avoided! Un checked sin in my life WILL LEAD TO DEATH!

1 Corinthians 4:17 is an example of primary discipleship. Someone that we connect to one on one. Timothy and Paul had this type of relationship. 1 Corinthians 11:1 the person that God is using in my life is not meant to be perfect. I should follow what every aspect of his life that represents Christ.

We all have large amounts of needs regardless of whether we think we are in sin or not. True character growth will not come until we admit our needs and the need for discipleship! Timothy had Paul, Silas, his mother...etc. Timothy had multiple relationships that led him and called him higher. 2 Timothy 1:5, Acts 17:14, Acts 19:22, and Acts 20:4.

What is my life filled up with? Proactive or reactive discipling? I need to seek both!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment