God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Jude 5-7

  • Vs. 5-6 Jude reminds his readers of the bondage and slavery that God has rescued them from but warns that even though they have been rescued , Gods wrath will not escape them if they do not continue to be faithful to him!

    • What bondage and slavery has God set me free from? Think about the sin that God has saved me from!

      • Why would I ever want to turn away from God and go back to my worst days?

        • When I give temptation a foot hold in my heart and start desiring the things of this world, I have lost perspective and forgotten from what depths God has saved me!

    • Satan wants me to forget.

      • He wants me to think that my life was not that bad.

      • He wants me to think that sin is not as damaging as it really is.

        • Sin destroys relationships, it will wreck my marriage, harden my hearts and separates me from God.


  • Vs. 7 Jude use the worst example in history of sin and depravity in his reference to Sodom & Gomorrah. It is an example to me of how much God truly hates sexual sins and to what lengths he will go to remove it!

    • We have become a sexual explicit culture and the boundaries of what is descent and appropriate are being challenged by the world.

      • How am I separating my self from this world.

      • Am I compromising my convictions by what I allow myself to watch on tv or listen to on the radio?

    • Temptation leads to sin and sin in my life that goes unchecked and unrepented of only leads to more sin. Once I give my heart over to the desire of sin it is never enough. Eventually it separates me from God.

    • Judgment is coming and those who live like this (Galatians 5;19) will not inherit the kingdom of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment