God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Accepting Gods Love

Accepting Gods Love

Love is the major overriding theme in The bible. We love the idea of love. 100 top love songs, number one song,"endless love." Romeo and Juliet, written 400 years ago and still a famous love story. We love, love songs and love story.

Do you think about Gods love as a passionate love story? We know God is love but we view gods love in a different light.

Search and read the scriptures John wrote on love...

The books of John define for us what Gods love truly is! Josh was defined as the disciple Jesus loved. John had an understanding of what it really meant to be loved by God.

Jesus did not show favoritism. Any one of the disciples and apostles could have had that kind of relationship with Jesus. Josh was able to receive Jesus love in a different way. Jesus love was the same to all people. Being loved is sometimes hard to do. Being loved unconditionally is hard to accepts sometimes! I believe John understood and was able to receive Jesus love in a different way!

Accepting Gods love requires some effort on my part. My mid set can either receive Gods love or reject it. Gods love is always there but it depends on me in which way or how much I receive!

Luke 9:51-56 being loved can be uncomfortable!

John was not always this way. Early on in his life he was pretty hard line towards people...(wanted Jesus to bring fire from heaven on people, argued with the other apostles on who was the greatest!) later on his life his views on love changed.

John wrote several of his books as though they were love letters. He started each book with "to the church I love"...etc

It's easy to be convinced that Jesus chose John and loved him; however, because of sin it is harder for us to be convinced that Jesus loves me just as much! The same love Jesus had for John is available to me if I would only choose to accept it!

1 John 3:16

We choose God in actions and in truth. If you want to love God then love your brothers and sisters! Love as Jesus defined it is to lay down our lives for each other! We choose to accept or reject God!

Just like John went from harsh and ambitious to a man filled with love, in the same way I need to allow Jesus love to change me. I need to become a man of love that is willing to lay down my life for Him!

Love test...how can I put someone else's needs before my own this week without expecting anything in return?

1 John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment