God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Intentions vs Actions!

Intentions vs Actions!

Good intentions are often thought of as more important than the actual actions. "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!" Did no one in heaven have good intentions? Intentions are really cut both ways. What makes the difference?

The truth is good intentions mean nothing unless they are followed with good actions! How good would a Good Samaritan be if he only had good intentions. Conversely how good would the Good Samaritan be if had no good intentions?!

Hebrews 4:12 gods word judges out thoughts and intentions! Intentions do matter!

Mathew 21:28-32

How many times have I said that I was going to do something good and then never followed through and did it?

Good intentions:

I'm going to read my bible everyday!
I'm going to change and repent of this "sin" and never commit it again!
I'm going to never act this way as a parent again!
I'm going to...I'm going to...

Where do my good intentions come from? Does it come from deceit where I know deep in my heart I don't mean what I am saying and it is only lip service!? Does my good intentions come from faith and deep convictions? Good intentions are a start and nothing more.

God is looking for obedience! The son who says the right thing and does not follow through is compared to a Pharisee and is worse than the tax collector and prostitute!

Hidden sin in my life is an example of good intentions with no action. If my life is full of sin and I am not being open and just trying to look good on the outside is the same!

The difference between the prostitute and the Pharisee is that the prostitute knows that God has a reason to bring judgement. The prostitute has a health fear of God and if she repents, she has a reason to be grateful. The Pharisee does not see that his good intentions with no action is opposing God and he has no fear of God!!

Both sons were sinners! No I won't don't is sinful. Yes I will do it and does not is sinful! The key here and the difference is where you end up. The parable ends with one son who is obedient and one son that is rebellious.

It is so easy in our world today to just be religious and compromise true obedience! Grace was never meant to cover over our sins when we become rebellious and stop repenting!

Have good intentions and follow through with good actions!

Matthew 7:15-23

No need to prove anything! My fruit will be obvious to all! A good tree that bears good fruit is all that God is looking for! Jesus always ends with eternity and that is what is at stake here!

No comments:

Post a Comment