God's Free Word Book Store

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fwd: King David




King David

Prophet translate "Mouth piece of God", to know Gods word in OT times you needed to speak with a prophet.

Israel wanted a king and inquired to see what God would say and went through the prophet Samuel. God gives Israel what they wanted to teach them a lesson. David was the first King that God chose for his people.

Three kingdoms make up 20% of the OT. Saul, David and Solomon. To be the King that God chose David spent years being the anointed one but not the King. God worked on David, molding his heart to the point that he was able to be the king that God wanted.

Even in his shepherding deputies God was teaching David how to care for people and lead.

Spending time with God should lead me to say, "I'll do it!" This is what David did with Goliath.

Psalms 23:1-6

1 Samuel 16:7-

God chose "a man after his own heart"' no one else has God described in this way. God lead David to this point. God is leading me to have his heart.

David was anointed and then had to wait 15years to actual take over his throne! What faith David had to trust God through all the trouble that came after him.

I need to learn to walk with God and allow him to lead. Too many times I try to lead my own life. I need to follow!!

2 Samuel 15:13-37






No comments:

Post a Comment