God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Men by nature think they know it all.

Men by nature think they know it all.

Matthew 11:25-28

When it comes to learning about God it is not a matter of knowledge or wisdom per say. God revels it to you. Reveals it to children and withholds it from the "wise".

If we are smart in our own eyes and God reveals something to me, how am I going to receive it? I will receive it as though I Leander it with my own power! This is the element of the children that God is talking about. God is not going to reveal himself to you until you are ready!

If I think I know all there is to know about God why would he reveal anything else to me?

Matthew 18:1-5

Why is a child the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? A child is teachable, open minded and pure in heart! Children constantly ask the question "why." Children are constantly in explore mode! As students of Christ we need to maintain a curiosity, openness and teachability towards Gods word! We need to be constantly exploring who God is!

Children take low positions. They take a humble position.

Matthew 19:13-15

Why were people bringing children to Jesus to be blessed? We understand that little children need to be blessed if they are to grow and succeed in life! Why don't we seek blessing like this for ourselves? At what point do we go from needing a blessing to not needing one at all? When our arrogance tells us that we no longer really need help. The truth is we need more help and blessing from God now than before!

It's about pride in my heart. God can do so much more with me when I let go of my pride and surrender to Him! To think I can do it on my own is pride! What does this all mean for me? What do I need to grow in? What do I need to learn?

Imagine what my life would look like if I had the heart of a child in these areas? I need to ask for help and admit that I don't have all the answers. I need to be willing to be taught!

No comments:

Post a Comment