God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas is a religious holiday that is losing it

Christmas is a religious holiday that is losing its religion!

When you ask the question, "what is the meaning of Christmas" your asking the question of "why did Jesus come?". Christmas is celebrated much more than Easter and really Easter has the greater meaning. Keep Christ in Christmas is a cliche that means what? Does Christ just want us to remember him during Christmas?

Why did Christ come. Why should we celebrate Jesus birth? What is important?Leading up to Jesus birth there were two truths revealed by the angles.

Luke 1:27-33
The "King" has been born!

Matthew 1:18-21
A "Savior" has been born!

Luke 2:8-11
A savior has been born and he is our King! No matter who you are, from Jesus parents to the shepherd in the fields the message is the same. Your king and savior has been born!

Jesus had a lot of great qualities that the Christmas season tries to exalt. His giving, helping the poor...etc. those are great things but the message was not about giving and sharing with each other. Christmas has turned into to a season of just giving and receiving!

Hearing that you King and savior arrives requires a response. A life changing response! Even Jong as a fetus in his mothers womb could not even ignore that his King and savior had arrived when jumped in his mothers womb! King Harold could not ignore that Jesus was born to be King!

Seeing a baby in manger really does not do anything to change our lives! The nativity seen is useless until we acknowledge that our King and savior has arrived!

When your king arrives you have to submit! It's about lordship! We want Christmas without lordship. Christmas was not meant to remind us to just be nice people. Santa never required us to make a decision and have a life changing response. Jesus does require us to respond!

1 Samuel 8:10-18 God teaches Israel what it meant to have a king!

Jesus is a perfect King but it does not remove the fact that Jesus is a king!

A kings wealth will come before your own. His priorities will come before your own! His plans will come before your own. He will have complete authority over you! Jesus is the KING OF KINGS! How much more should we submit and give to Jesus!

Jesus is a benevolent dictator. His ways are always in our best interest. Ever thing he does is out of love for us. There is no democracy! Jesus puts our needs ahead of his by being a sacrifice! He is through a dictator. His time comes before my own! My life should be subject to him in every way!!

He is the king and I am his subject!

Luke 19:10
Jesus is my savior! Have been saved by Jesus? This is the number one reason for the season! The question should not be have I helped the poor or giving to charity. Salvation is question!

Saviors come into rescue! Satan was winning in my life! I was defeated and hopeless! I need a savior! Jesus came in and saved me! Jesus us saved me from so much pain and sin in my life! Have I rejected Him as my king? I am allowing sin to reign in my life again. Jesus is a continual savior and I am in desperate need of Jesus to save me daily!

All the things that the world considers as a good Christmas ( no debt, lots of gifts, full of instant gratification and pleasure ) pales in comparison to what God meant for Christmas to mean! Jesus is my King and my Savior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment