God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas is synonymous with Christmas wish lists!

Christmas is synonymous with Christmas wish lists! Some of our kids wishes are outrageous and extreme. Kids wanting sea monsters, actual reindeers....etc. kids are great at dreaming and wishing for things that they think they need.

All through out the bible there are examples of people who think they new what they needed. Adam thought he needed to eat from the tree of life. Jacob thought he needed his fathers blessing regardless of what was right. The de icicles thought they needed to compete for Jesus love and position in his kingdom.

We all think we know what we need to be happy. Materialism is an example. If I Just had this I would be happy. If I just had success at work then I would be happy. If I just had more of ??? I would be happy! What we think we need often times comes from a lack of what we really need.

It's so easy to run after the things we think we need. The world tries to define what you need. Am I chasing after the wrong things? Christmas is a time when this is more visible in our lives.

The truth is that God is the expert on what we really need. What parent does not know what is best for their child? What we really need is a savior! What we need most is forgiveness and Christmas is a reminder that God has provided what we really need!

Everything about Jesus birth and life was planned by God and with a purpose!

Micah 5:2-5

500 years before Jesus birth and Micah is giving the exact place of Jesus birth! God did not just send a savior to the world because that's what they need and he supplies what the world needs! He sent a savior for me and what I really needed!

Romans 5:6-8

God sent me a savior at just the right time for me! God ignored success and power. He ignored material things and sent me a King to save me from certain death! What do I want for Christmas? The answer should be grace, salvation and the blood of Jesus! What I need is forgiveness! This is why we take communion so that we never forget what we really need!

1 Corinthians 2:2 shut out every distraction this season and get resolved to know nothing but Jesus and his crucifixion!

No comments:

Post a Comment