God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tempted or tested?

Tempted or tested?

Matthew 4:1-7

The spirit led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted?

Tested or tempted? Tempted is to be enticed to sin or to do something bad. Tested is an opportunity to prove what you have learned. Jesus was tested but the devil and Jesus was found strong and fully capable of living a sin free life.

Am I being tempted or tested? I am going to be tested and either found to be a man or a mouse...lol the power, the same spirit, everything that was in Jesus lives in me know! I need to man up when dealing with sin in my life!!

Jesus had to obey the father just like we do. God had a plan for his life and Jesus obeyed and submitted himself to God in the same way he is calling me to obey and submit as well!

Jesus used the bible to defend himself from temptation!

1 Corinthians 10:1-13

I am not the exception. I need to battle sin the way Jesus did. Not the way Israel did. These people (the Israelites) failed because they did not have Jesus! I have Jesus and the power to be victorious over my sin!

Jesus was not willing to put God to the test an yet we try to test God everyday by giving into sin!

No comments:

Post a Comment