God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Truth

>
> The Truth
>
> Truth is disappearing! Today truth is not something we believe is absolutely true. We are conditioned to expect broken promises and half truths.
>
> Mark 10:13-16
>
> Jesus would always call attention to the truth..."I tell you the truth". Jesus highlighted what was important to get people's attention.
>
> Jesus points out how little children receive gifts. I must receive the gift of the kingdom of God the way a child does! A child receives any gift regardless of what it is with pure joy!
>
> When an adult gives a gift there is an underline responsibility to give a gift back. Adults feel a responsibility or guilt to have to earn it or repay it. Children do not feel obligated. They except the gift without guilt or compulsion!
>
> Children are excited about the gifts they receive and they tell everyone about it!
>
> I have received the greatest gift from the greatest giver! Am I grateful for the gift of salvation. How am I showing my gratitude?
>
> Mark 10:29-31
>
> I cannot out give God. My sacrifice will never earn me anything. Regardless God is going to bless me with so much more than anything I could hold on to. Letting go of what ever I am afraid to let of go is what God is asking of me. As a result God will bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment