God's Free Word Book Store

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Aim For Perfection.

>
> Aim for perfection.
>
> Basketball analogy....no matter how far away the basket is you aim for it. The further away the basket is the harder the shot. But I shot will never be made unless we aim for the basket!
>
> Two opposing truths? Proverbs 26:4-5 for example. Faith vs deeds is another example.
>
> Am I suppose to be perfect? Should I simple live my life on faith alone.
>
> Matthew 5:43-48
>
> Do I am for perfection in every area in my life? Aiming for perfection seems almost unchristian and works based.
>
> Jesus does not call us to be perfect because he thinks we can be perfect but because without aiming for perfection we are destined to fail.
>
> Am I aiming for perfection?
>
> The standard is perfection and the bible has teaches the an opposing truth that when we do fail we grace is there but the standard is still perfection!
>
> What is my standard and what am I aiming for?
>
> 2 Corinthians 13:11
>
> Every time I aim for perfection I will never reach perfection. But isn't that the point?
>
> 1 John 1:5-7
>
> Walking in the light does not mean that you are perfect and without sin. Walking in the light ensures that when we fall short Gods grace covers us with the blood of Jesus!
>
> What areas in my life do I settle for less than perfection. Where I except "just good enough"?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment