God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Treasure in jars of clay.

Treasure in jars of clay.

Matthew 11:1-4

John the Baptist, the one called to prepare the way for the Lord was now questioning him. Why? Jesus didn't quote scriptures that validated who he was. He showed John his life. His ministry. The things he was doing on a daily basis! My personal ministry says a lot about who I am and what I stand for.

Matthew 11:7-9

Originally Johns mission was so ver clear to him in the beginning! Maybe things did not happen the way he had envisioned. Doubting God is a temptation that does not escape anyone.

2 Corinthians 4:1-4 ;5-7

We are not guaranteed blessings. We cannot loose heart and have to focus on the ministry of Christ in all situations! We have treasures in jars of clay. The jars are not attractive to the world and made of a fragile material that the world rejects but these jars are filled with treasures from heaven! Grace, mercy, salvation, forgiveness, true love, unconditional love, security in God...etc.

John 12:23-26;27-28

Much will come out of our sufferings and sacrifices than any material blessings that we may receive. If we die to self we live in Christ!

2 Corinthians 5:11-15;

2 Corinthians 6:3 would Christ discrete my ministry? What would he discredited it for? What is my ministry lacking that would not please God?

2 Corinthians 6:4-11 this is our treasures in jars of clay. Matthew 6:19-21 Jesus talked about treasure often because he knew our hearts would be constantly pulled in a worldly direction. If my treasure is truly in jars of clay then my heart is going to be grounded in a relationship with God!

If there is anything in my life that is keeping me from finding the treasure that God has giving me then it needs to be removed!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment