God's Free Word Book Store

Monday, October 28, 2013

The truth about money!

The truth about money!

The truth about money is that it does not really belong to me.

Job 41; psalms 24:1; Haggai 2; Deuteronomy 8:17-18

God is the owner of everything! He has never been the former owner of anything!

Principal #1: God owns everything and I am just his money manager.

A money manager manages the money and uses it in the best interest of the owner. God has in trusted me with his property to glorify him with!

At some point the money manager will be held accountable for the way he manages the money. How does God feel about my use of his money?

Principal #2: it is a joy to manage Gods money.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Obedience is when you do something that you don't want to do. When we give out of obedience there is joy in being obedient.

Exodus 36:6; 2 Corinthians 9:10-15

Giving is not the luxury of the rich. No matter what income level you may be on or how much do or don't have, everyone is able to give! Even in poverty it should be a joy to manage Gods money and to give.

2 Corinthians 8:1

Giving and grace are connected. Our giving should be a reflex response to Gods grace. My I tire motivation for giving should come from gratitude for Gods grace! When I give out of grace there is true joy!

God as the owner and possessor of all things is not asking us to do anything that he has not already done himself. God has giving us everything through Jesus Christ and I was purchased as a price!




No comments:

Post a Comment