God's Free Word Book Store

Monday, October 28, 2013

Fw: Made for each other -- Marriage Retreat

Made for each other....Lesson 1


Genesis 1:27

What does this mean? God is formless so he has no body. We are made in Gods image....his spiritual image. God made us different male/female but we are equally The age of God! A man only reflects one part of God and a woman reflects the other part. Together we reflect the full image of God.

Do I see how much we need each other? What makes the heart of my spouse come alive? What makes the heart of a woman come alive and what makes the heart of a man come alive?

Woman: romance, irreplaceable role, unveiled beauty! My wife want to be pursued and romanced. To feel like she is priority!

Song of Songs 1:15-17; Judges 4:17-21...there is something fierce in the heart of a woman and it was created by design. Fight together, my wife wants to be apart of the adventure and a part of the battle.

Psalms 45:11

What makes the heart of a man to come alive? A battle to fight, an adventure to live and need a challenge, a beauty to rescue.

1 Chronicles 12:8 a man wants to be a warrior and needs a battle to fight.

2 Timothy 4:6;

With out a beauty to rescue we just become lonely men fighting alone.


Made For Each Other...Lesson 2

There is a difference between temptation and sin. 

How gentle am I being with my wife? I have to learn how to treat her with sensitivity and compassion. Am i meeting my wife's needs and making sure that I am everything she needs.

Ephesians 5:25; Galatians 3:26

When Jesus looks at me he does not see my sin he sees his bride. I need to view my wife in the same way. I need to over look her imperfections. Love covers a multitude of sins. If I love my wife I should see her blameless and pure.

Things I love about my wife: she is very giving physically, deep convictions, strong willed.

Ephesians 5:28

We take care of our bodies so well because we know our needs. I can't put this scripture into practice unless I know my wife's needs.

1 peter 3:7 Weaker does not mean inferior. God has a special heart for the weak. Why would my prayers be hindered? You can hurt Gods daughter and be ok with him! My role as a husband is defined by the needs of my wife. I need to learn how to live out my role through meeting her needs.

I need to know my wife like I know my own body.

Proverbs 31:28-29 do I arise and call her blessed? Encourage my wife daily! My wife is not perfect but she is perfect for me. 

Ephesians 5:25-28 I am responsible for washing my wife in the word. I am her primary discipler! Everyday I need to be involved with how she is doing. I need to take responsibility.

Colossians 3:19

I cannot be harsh but never should be passive. Genesis 3 the first temptation for Eve was to want to be like God and mans first temptation was to be passive and not lead. A dame had a leadership role before the fall. He named the animals and Eve. Mans struggle from the curse is passiveness.

What makes a woman's heart come alive is when we are being the men that God calls us to be!


Made For Each Other.....Lesson 3

What makes God's heart ignite? The aspects of God found in women.

Like a woman God is intensely relational. Women say 20k words a day compared to 7k for men. Emotionally God is more like a woman than a man. 

1 John 4 God IS love. Not just a description or adjective but a definition! 2 Corinthians 13:14 God wants to envelope us. To consume us. Psalms 139:7 there is great security in God because he is everywhere, in control of all things!

Like a Woman God longs to share adventures with us! Miracle of feeding the 5000. Jesus could have snapped his fingers and feed everyone but he didn't. He asked Andrew what do you have? God wants to take us with him on this adventure. He will use what ever we have to do amazing things! Not matter what we have God can use it!

Genesis 2:18 helper in the Hebrew means partner companion, life saver, life giver. This word is used again in the bible other than for women is for describing God himself.

Psalms 27:9 God is also described as our helper!

Like a woman God has a captivating beauty to unveil!

God created woman to be beautiful and wonderful. Sex was created by God and God created woman to be alluring! A woman is beautiful because God is beautiful. Do you think when we finally get to see God how stunning he will be! Look around at the beauty he has made on earth and we get a small glimpse!

Revelation 22:4 no one has ever seen the face of God but one day we will!  Psalm 63:1-7











No comments:

Post a Comment