God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love The Way God Intended It


 

What would you say is the worlds definition of love? Lust, a physical attraction, sexual relations, a strong feeling....etc


Gods definition of love is quite different!


1 Corinthians 13:8 tells us that love the way God intended it never fails!


Think about that for a minute. Love the way that God intended it will NEVER fail. Love in the world is destined to fail! Worldly love breeds bitterness, regret, insecurity, immorality...etc


So what is so different about Godly love?


1 Corinthians 13:4-7


4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


When I read this scripture I have to ask my self if I am loving my spouse in this way? Am I loving the people around me in this way?


This is the nature of God and we have to imitate him in our love for other people. Replace the word love with God and re-read this passage.


4GOD is patient, GOD is kind. GOD does not envy, GOD does not boast, GOD is not proud. 5IGOD is not rude, GOD is not self-seeking, GOD is not easily angered, GOD keeps no record of wrongs. 6GOD does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7GOD always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


What do each on of these acts of love have in common? They are all decisions and are things that we choose to do or choose not to do.


What would our marriages or our relationships look like if we approached them with this kind of love?


1 Corinthians 13:1-3


1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.


People aspire to do many things. Some want to be successful in business, sports...etc but none of this is of value to GOD unless we do it out of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment