God's Free Word Book Store

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Forgiveness; Bible Study

Mark 11:24-26

24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."[g]


This passage of scripture is has a double edge. Vs 24 we hold on too and want to agree with, vs 25, well, wow...that's a tough one!



What are the thoughts that come to your mind when you read vs 24?



In vs 24 Jesus tells us that all we have to do is ask, believe and we will receive! I think we forget sometimes how much power God has given us in prayer! In doing so some times our prayers can become rituals and just a daily check list and not passionate conversations with our creator.



Ask your self this question:

How often do you truly take your problems, desires and whishes to God and pray for them earnestly?



For me unfortunately I pray to God a lot more when I'm in trouble than I do on good days with no problems.



Vs 24 – also tells us that our faith in God or lack of faith in God can dictate if our prayers are answered. We have to have faith when we pray!



What do you think about what Jesus said in vs. 25?



Hard teaching, scary scripture to think about, who can accept it?...etc



I don't think this scripture would make anyone's top 10 favorite bible verses! We like to remember and meditate on the feel good scriptures, like John 3:16 etc... Unless we are on the receiving end of someone's hate or unforgivingness. At that point we know this scripture really well and we conveniently use it to say you have to forgive me or God won't forgive you!



How have you for filled this scripture in your life? Who have you not forgiven?



Do you pray for people that you struggle with?


It's interesting in vs 25 that Jesus asked the question “if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him” during the act of praying.


It's hard to pray for someone that you have issues with or bad feelings towards, isn't it?

To be truly resolved with someone you should be able to pray for them without any hesitation.


If you want God to forgive you, then you have to forgive others. It's that simple!



Why is forgiveness so important with regard to our relationships?



If someone refuses to forgive you for something, how do you feel?



In order to love someone you have to be able to forgive them right?



I know in my own life that when I've done something to hurt my wife or one of my daughters, I desire their forgiveness to no end. I long for it. I want reassurance that I have been forgiven by them!


People can see Gods grace and forgiveness in us when we choose to not hold grudges and forgive!



No comments:

Post a Comment