God's Free Word Book Store

Friday, September 29, 2017

Matthew 11:28-30

""Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.""
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

- Life is so draining! Everyday can be filled with so much drama, worry, endless struggles, and countless burdens.
- Jesus wants us to cast all our troubles into him. He wants to be the source of our relief! He wants to give us rest!
- Jesus understands our struggles. He has experienced them first hand!
- We all wear a yoke. We have a choice each morning to choose which yoke we want to wear!
- The yoke of the world is heavy with sin and produce only regret. The yoke that Jesus provides is light and easy to manage. God does not give us more than we can handle. The world will unload on you and crush you.
- True rest, rest for your soul is only found in Jesus. We chase after many things to find rest and nothing of this world can truly satisfy us.
- Jesus is not going to force his yoke on us. We have to chose to pick it up. We have to let down the yoke of guilt and sin and pick up the yoke of Christ. You can't carry both.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment