God's Free Word Book Store

Monday, April 7, 2014

Give Up Everything You Have!

Give Up Everything You Have!

Luke 14:33 Jesus called us to give up everything to be a disciple and we can't go to heaven unless we are his disciples!

Luke 14:25-27

My love for God has to be clearly more than anything else in my life. I love God so much that the only other world to describe my other relationships is hate.

God is trying to help us not be selfish! God wants us to be happy and he knows that by denying myself it will lead to true happiness.

Too many churches today teach a happiness gospel that God just wants us to all be happy. They miss the whole message of Christ that true happiness that comes from self denial.

Luke 14:28-32

We need to give up our comfort zone. God wants us to count the cost because God has a mission for us and he knows that it will be challenging us! God uses two concepts, building and battling in war. Why building? Matthew 28:18-20 making and building disciples. Why battling? 2 Timothy 3:12

Giving up your control!

Luke 14:33-35

My struggle in this world really is a control issue. Either I try to control things myself and or give control over to God who is really in control any way. Giving up everything I have is not a burden but really the release of a burden! It's about making Jesus Lord of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment