God's Free Word Book Store

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!!

Have Your Cake...Eat It Too!!

Being pleasing to God and approved by men! Can you really eat your cake and still have it? We live in a world where we are told that we deserve to have our cake and eat it too and eat our cake and always have it.

Romans 14:16-18

God calls us to a life that is suppose to be set apart from the world. We are suppose to be different than the people around us. This does not mean that we are sinless or that we should become judgmental. Our example should be should should lead others to God.

How can I be pleasing to God and approved by men! Living a life that pleases God does not mean that I am judgmental of the world. I will never have the impact for God and be approved by men if I am self righteous and judgmental. Jesus had compassion on the world and yet he called them to live a better life!

The ingredients to spiritual cake: R+P+J (HS) = Cake

Righteousness
Peace
Joy
Holy Spirit

Stuff can make you happy temporarily but it can never make you joyful. We need the right ingredients to make the cake that God intends for us to make. We need to follow Gods recipe in order to create the life that God intends for us to create.

The world is trying to sell me counterfeit cake!. It is possible to please God and be approved by men! How to please God and be approved by men?

Romans 12:1-2
Philippians 4:18
Colossians 3:20
Hebrews 13:21

What am I pursing in my life? What are my priorities? Are they inline with Gods priorities? Everyday I am facing two options. The cake that God is offering or the cake that the world is offering. One is everlasting and fully satisfying, the other is temporary and leaves me empty and unfulfilled.





Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment